View all facilities
Walnut Creek Recreation Area
- Picnic Areas
The Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area is a 450-acre mixed-use recreation area with a 105-acre reservoir. The park is located south of Highway 370 and west of 96th Street The park has 2 entrances, 1 off of 96th St and the other a 1.5 mile farther south and 1.5 mile west on Schram Road to Turkey Road
Walnut Creek is unique, as it is a “pack in, pack out” facility. No trash service is offered in the park; you are responsible for removing any trash you generate during your visit, thus leaving the cleanliness of the park up to you, the user.
- RV park - 44 electric sites (30 or 50 amp), city water available, dump station, 55 feet concrete pads, paved roads, first come first serve, $16 per night with a 2 week limit, 402-679-9889
- Walnut Creek Lake - 105 acre lake managed and stocked by the NGPC with bass, catfish, bluegill, crappie, and sunfish
- Hike/bike trail - a paved 3.1 mile loop around Walnut Creek Lake. Walnut Creek Trail is connected to other city trails via the 96th Street Trail and a tunnel under Highway 370.
- Picnic and playground sites - 4 large picnic shelters, one of which can be reserved at 402-597-2041. The other 3 are first come first serve
- Leash-free dog park - 2 fully fenced-in areas, one for large breeds, one for small breeds, as well as a native area with pond access. (The rest of the park is on-leash only.)
- Equestrian trail - Walnut Creek has 5 miles of grass trails for your riding pleasure.
- 5 miles of bike trail
- Handicapped-accessible fishing pier and island
- Boat dock and ramp for no-wake boating (5 mph max)
- 70% of the 450 acres has been left as native Nebraska prairie
- Mentoring youth primitive camping area - an area for use by local youth groups. Reserve by calling park office at 402-592-8877
- Park Superintendent Cell: 402-679-9586 (after-hours emergencies)
- You can also find Walnut Creek on Facebook