Special Transportation Services
Please call us at 402-680-3970 at least 24 Hours in advance for reservations. The bus service is primarily for the use of the senior citizens and handicapped individuals. These people may have an able-bodied person accompany them at no cost. The Special Services Bus is an "on-demand" transportation service subsidized by the State of Nebraska for the elderly and handicapped residents of Papillion. Service area includes residents inside Papillion city limits and Papillion SID's contiguous to the city limits.
The cost for elderly and/or persons with disabilities are:
- In town: $1.00 each boarding
- Out of town: $2.00 each boarding
The cost for the non-elderly and/or the non-disabled are:
- In town: $3.00 each boarding
- Out of town: $5.00 each boarding
Exact change will be required when boarding. A fare is charged each time the passenger boards the bus. Fare tickets are available from the bus drivers for $10.00 or at the Papillion Recreation Department.
MONDAY | WEDNESDAY | FRIDAY
Medical appointments only
- Medical appointments in Papillion
- Approximate bus service pick-up times are 7:45 AM-1:00 PM
- Riders needing round trip services must be done with medical appointments by 2:30 PM.
- Medical appointments in Omaha/Bellevue
- Approximate bus service pick-up times are 7:45 AM-12:30 PM
- Riders needing round trip services must be done with medical appointments by 2:00 PM
- NOTE: If the medical appointment is not completed by the time stated, alternative transportation is the rider’s responsibility
TUESDAY | THURSDAY
Shopping and general errands only. All locations must be inside the City of Papillion.
- Between 8:45 AM – 11:00 AM.
- Shopping and General Errands may include: Family Fare, Fareway, Walmart, Kohl’s, Lowes, Walgreens, Hy-Vee, Shadow Lake, post office, banks, and other local stops.
- Shoppers will be picked up between 8:45 AM and 11:00 AM depending on the bus drivers chosen route. The bus driver will do their best to give you an approximate pick-up time.
- There is no longer a separate afternoon shopping schedule.
- Shoppers will be dropped off in order of pick-up time and/or the best route chosen by the bus driver.
- Specific pick-up times cannot be guaranteed.
- Shopping trips are limited to a maximum of (2) hours
- Shoppers are responsible for calling the bus driver to let them know they have completed their shopping trip. It is best for shoppers to carry a cell phone or ask the customer service desk for assistance.
- Shopping and General Errands must be completed by 2:00 PM
- Riders are limited to no more than 8 shopping bags and only 1 case of water or soda per transportation day.
- NOTE: Times may vary depending on inclement weather and/or the number of people riding the bus.