Sumtur Twilight Dash
2022 Race - Saturday, October 15th
2022 Race Results - Will be posted immediately after the race.
The Annual Sumtur Twilight Dash will start and finish at SumTur Amphitheater. Races start at 4:00 pm. Sign up for a 10K or a 5K, your choice. Courses will be on a mixture of grass, dirt, gravel and concrete trails. No obstacles, just a good old fashioned run in the early evening.
After the race, enjoy some adult beverages for those 21 and over, and soda for those under while listening to some great live music. Afraid of the cold, no worries, we will have bonfires all around the stage for your warming pleasure. Spectators and the public are welcome to come and encourage/cheer for the participants and to stick around for the Party. Drinks and food will be available to purchase.
SumTur Amphitheater has limited parking. Overflow parking will be at Papillion-LaVista South High School just north of the Amphitheater off 108th street.
Papillion Race Series will no longer store bags for racers, all bags and personal devices must be left in cars or with friends and family. No weapons allowed and all items will be subject to search.
Hotels in the Area
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Papillion
- Courtyard La Vista
- Embassy Suites La Vista
- Hampton Inn & Suites La Vista
Schedule of Events
- 1:30 pm - Gates at Sumtur Amphitheater will open.
- 2:00-3:30 pm - Pre-Race Check In and late Packet Pick Up
- 3:45 pm - Pre-Race Meeting at Starting Line
- 4:00 pm - 10K Start
- 4:10 pm - 5K Start
- 4:30 pm - Party Starts!
- $35.00....10K Ages 13 & Up
- $25.00....10K Ages 12 & Under
- $25.00....5K Ages 13 & Up
- $15.00....5K Ages 12 & Under
All participants will receive an event Shirt (long sleeve). Entry must be received by September 17th. Size and availability may be limited after this date. All taxes included.
Closed October 11th at 5:00 pm. NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Refunds will only be given if cancellation is received by October 11th. A refund minus a $5 administrative fee regardless of cost will be given. Refunds will be given by check, credit voucher or credited back to a credit card (when applicable). Please Note: any online transaction fees are non-refundable.
Any cancellations after October 11th, no refunds will be given.
Packet Pick-Up / Check In
Packets will be able to be picked up at the Papillion Landing Field House located at 1022 W. Lincoln Street, Papillion, 68046 at the following times.
- Friday, October 14th 9am-5pm
Packets not picked up at this time, will be available for pickup prior to the race on Saturday beginning at 2:00 pm at the SumTur Ticket Office.
All participants must show ID when picking up their packet. If you are unable to pick up your packet and plan to have someone else pick it up for you, then you must fill out a proxy form and that person must bring it to the packet pick up. No one will be allowed to pick up packets without ID or a proxy form. Please click here for a packet pickup proxy form.
Description / Maps
The 10K and 5K Twilight Dash courses consist of all different type of surfaces from grass trails, concrete trails, gravel roads and dirt trails. Start and finish will be just outside the lower gate of SumTur Amphitheater.
PDF versions of the race courses
Online version of race courses from MapMyRun
Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, police officers and City of Papillion employees throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation.
- The event bib number is to be worn as issued and attached to clothing on the front of the body. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the SumTur Twilight Dash without a bib number.
- 10K = TBA
- 5K = TBA
- The use of music players, video devices, cell phones, computers, cameras or any similar devices by participants while in the event is not recommended.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the SumTur 10K or 5K course.
- Participants must begin the event at the official start time.
- Participants must wear the timing chip as provided.
All participants will receive a commemorative long sleeve shirt at check-in and a finishing medal at the end of the race. The top overall male and female winners will receive a special award following the race.
Food and beverages will be provided for the racers at the finish line.
Timing / Results
Timing will be provided by Precision Race Results. Both races will be timed.
Live Music Provided By:
- Hootenanny Starts at 4:30 pm
- Hootenanny is Free and Open to the Public
- Free Concert from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Papillion Taco Guy on Site
- Drink Specials (Beer, Wine, Soda)
- Bonfires Open During the Concert