- Police Department
- Community Interests
- City Ordinances
As a resident of Papillion, you will want to be aware of the following city ordinances:
- No motor vehicle shall be parked on any street in excess of 72 hours.
- All motor vehicles shall be licensed and operable on public and private property.
- Persons under age 18 are subject to a curfew. It is unlawful for any minor under age 18 to be on or upon any of the streets, alleys or other public places between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent, guardian, or other adult person having the care, custody or control of said minor or the minor is engaged in lawful employment.
- Consumer fireworks may not be sold at retail or discharged except from June 25 through July 4 and only during the hours of 8 a.m. through 10 p.m. except that on July 4 consumer fireworks may be discharged and sold from 8 a.m. through 11:59 p.m. of each year. Consumer fireworks may also be sold at retail or discharged from December 29 through December 31 and only during the hours of 8 a.m. through 10 p.m. except that on December 31 consumer fireworks may be discharged and sold from 8 a.m. through 11:59 p.m. of each year.
- No person shall dump leaves, paper, or other garbage on another person's property.
- No person shall engage in any activity, or fail to perform any duty, which endangers the comfort, repose, health, safety of others, or do anything which offends the senses or offends decency, or which in any way renders other persons insecure in life or the use of property.
- A snow emergency is declared when snow depth reaches two inches. All vehicles shall be removed from the street; any vehicle which remains on the street is subject to citation and impoundment at the owner's expense.
- All dogs and cats over 4 months of age shall be licensed within 10 days of acquisition. Dogs shall wear metal tags on the collar. Dogs shall not run at large. The owner or keeper of every animal shall be responsible for the removal of excreta deposited on public walks, recreation areas or private property by his animal(s).
- Soliciting without a permit is not allowed (some non-profit groups are excluded from this requirement). Permits may be obtained at the office of the City Clerk.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place or permit to leak in the gutter of any street, waste, gasoline, kerosene or high lubricating oils which damage or act as a solvent upon said streets.
- There shall be no discharging of firearms, air guns, slingshots, or other dangerous missiles within the city limits.
- No person shall park any truck-tractor, semitrailer, or any vehicle which individually or in combination with a trailer exceeds a length of 20 feet, or exceeds a height of 10 feet, or exceeds a width of 8 feet (as measured at widest points of vehicle, not to include attached side mirrors), upon any street or alley in a residential zoned district, unless such vehicle is actually loading or unloading materials or passengers, or waiting an opportunity to load or unload materials or passengers, and the driver is present with the truck-tractor, semitrailer or vehicle, or, when such vehicle and/or trailer is being used in connection with repair, service or moving operations.
- All lawns must be kept to 6 inches in height. All overhanging tree branches must be kept to a height of 8 feet over sidewalks and 15 over streets.
- City parks are closed from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- No materials which are unsightly or offensive to sight or smell shall be kept on private property.