Weekday Morning Pickleball
Weekday Morning Pickleball is for both Papillion Landing Members and Drop-in Patrons.
Summer Schedule and Facilities
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am-12:00pm in the Competitive Gym
- Courts 2 and 3 are used for this program, Court 1 is vacant for other patrons
Costs for Participation
- Free for members. Members must check-in at Front Desk
- Non-members will need to purchase a daily drop-in pass for the entire facility (Resident is $5 or $7/Non-Resident is $7 or $9)
- Anyone participating is allowed to utilize the entire facility that day (i.e. participants could play pickleball and then recover in the pool)
- Courts 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B are used for this program
- Courts 2B, 3A and 3B are designated as ‘Recreation Courts’. The recommendation is for games to be played to 11 with no waitlist or 7 with players waiting. Win by 1 if playing to 11 or win by 2 if playing to 7.
- All players rotate out at end-of-game if four players or more are waiting
- Players should wait at the court they want to play on
- Players should place their paddle in the ‘paddle rack’ to ensure everyone is playing on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Court 2A is designated as the ‘Challenge Court’. The recommendation is for games to be played to 11 with no waitlist or 7 with players waiting. Win by 1 if playing to 11 or win by 2 if playing to 7.
- Winners stay, losers rotate out
- Winners must each pair up with one of the two incoming challengers
- Winners cannot remain on the same team for consecutive games
Program Setup and Teardown
- The courts are set up by staff prior to 7:00am. This includes sweeping the court and providing any additional equipment
- Paddles and balls are stored at the front desk and available to all participants
- At 12:00 PM, Pickleball is no longer guaranteed, as the facility shifts to "Open Gym". Net 3B is put into storage. The nets on courts 2A, 2B and 3A will remain available during the afternoon on a first come, first serve basis.
- Only staff are permissible in the Competition Gym Storage Room
- The blinds on the east side will be down to block the sun during this timeframe.
- Each court will have signage that dictates the rules of play and expectations for all participants on each individual court.
Late Night Pairs Pickleball League
A Tuesday evening competitive league.
- This league will use courts 2 and 3 from 7:00-9:00pm on Tuesdays between June 13 and July 25, with tournament play to follow on August 1st.
- There will be 8 teams (16 participants) in this league.
- Registration opens on May 20, 2023
- Rules and Regulations coming soon.
Tuesday and Thursday Pickleball Guarantee
Dedicated evening pickleball opportunities, exclusively for members of Papillion Landing.
- Court 2 will be used for reserveable time slots. 2B will be a recreational court and court 2A will be the competitive court
- Up to six individuals can be scheduled per time-slot
- Time-slots will be: 5:00pm-6:30pm
- Consecutive games should not be played with the same teams and players should be rotating in to maximize play for all parties
- Time-slots will open up two weeks prior to the date of play
- If there are not enough participants registered for a time-slot by the preceding Monday, Papillion Landing staff will reach out to communicate this
- There is no charge for this reservation, but players must be members of Papillion Landing and must check-in at the Front Desk on arrival
An instructional pickleball course for the community
- The instructor and staff will provide instruction on all the basics of pickleball–rules of play, basic strategy and everything in between–and will then observe and teach participants as they play with other new players over the course of 90 minutes
- This course is free to the community but requires pre-registration.
- Registration opens May 30th.
- Friday, June 16 - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Friday, June 16 - 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Friday, June 16 - 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Friday, July 7 - 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Friday, July 7 - 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Friday, August 4 - 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Friday, August 4 - 4:00pm-5:30pm